Customer Challenge Group
Who they are
The Challenge Group has been set up by customers, who want to help SYHA make improvements to the way the organisation delivers its services.
All of the members of the Challenge Group are volunteers who receive all the training they need to equip them with the knowledge and skills to enable them to carry out their role effectively.
What does the Customer Challenge Group do?
- The group chooses services to review on the basis of information in our business plans, as well as based on feedback from staff and customers.
- They carry out two service reviews per year, acting as a ‘critical friend’ to us, primarily focusing on customer-facing services.
- Customers can also suggest what services the group reviews. We call this a ‘call for action’.
- To review the group meet with SYHA staff, speak to customers and shadow staff going about their work.
- Once they have reviewed a service we produce a report, including our recommendations, which will be available to customers and staff alike.
- SYHA then reviews the report and work out how best to act on it.
Scrutiny reports and action plans
The Customer Challenge Group have carried out a range of scrutiny reports across the organisation in recent years. The reports look into the topic area and explains what was looked at, the findings, recommendations and the steps SYHA will take to address them. You can take a look at the reports by clicking the links below:
Who can join?
As a customer you will already have invaluable experience of our services. No-one knows our services like you do. The group is open for any of our customers to join, it doesn’t matter what background you have, your experience can help change our services for the better. We’re especially looking for someone who has:
- The ability to identify positive and negative aspects of service delivery.
- A willingness to talk about solutions and contribute ideas.
- Can work with others in a team to achieve goals and respect other team members.
- Are objective, honest and open
What will I get in return?
We’ve made sure that we reward any of our customers who join our Customer Challenge Group. In return for your time we’ll give you all the training you need to be confident in your role. You’ll learn new skills which can help you in not only your personal life, but in your professional life – a role like this looks great on your CV!
For every piece of work you complete you’ll receive £50 (as well as any expenses you incur), and to help you keep in touch with the rest of the group we’ll give you your own iPad.
Lots of our customers find the social aspect of the group really rewarding, and have made life long friends from the group. You also get the satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a real difference to the future of our services.
Get in touch
To find out more information please contact James Smith on 0114 2908 356 or email firstname.lastname@example.org