Customer Challenge Group
Do you want to help improve the services we provide? Concentrate on issues that really matter to you? Meet like minded people? Learn new skills?
If you’ve answered yes to any of those questions then our Customer Challenge Group could be for you!
Who are the Challenge Group?
The Customer Challenge Group are tenants who meet a couple of times a month to help us make improvements to the way we deliver services.
All of the members of the Customer Challenge Group are volunteers who receive all the training they need to give them the confidence, skills and knowledge to help make a real difference.
What does the Customer Challenge Group do?
- The group chooses services to review based on our business plans and feedback from staff and customers.
- They carry out two service reviews a year, acting as a ‘critical friend’ to us, primarily focusing on customer-facing services.
- The group meet with SYHA staff, speak to customers and shadow staff going about their work.
- Once they have reviewed a service they produce a report, including recommendations, which will be available to customers and used by staff to improve services.
- SYHA then reviews the report and works out how best to act on it.
Scrutiny reports and action plans
The Customer Challenge Group has carried out a range of scrutiny exercises across the organisation in recent years. The reports look into the topic area and explain what was looked at, the findings, recommendations and the steps we are taking to address them. You can take a look at the reports by clicking the links below:
Who can join?
As a customer you will already have invaluable experience of our services. No-one knows our services like you do. The group is open for any of our customers to join, it doesn’t matter what background you have, your experience can help change our services for the better. We’re especially looking for someone who has:
- the ability to identify positive and negative aspects of service delivery
- a willingness to talk about solutions and contribute ideas
- an enjoyment of working with others in a team to achieve goals and respect for other team members
- an objective, honest and open approach
What will I get in return?
We’ve made sure that we reward any of our customers who join our Customer Challenge Group. In return for your time we’ll give you all the training you need to be confident in your role. You’ll learn new skills which can help you in not only your personal life, but in your professional life – a role like this looks great on your CV!
For every piece of work you complete you’ll receive £50 (as well as any expenses), and to help you keep in touch with the rest of the group we’ll give you your own iPad and cover the cost of your internet at home.
Lots of our customers find the social aspect of the group really rewarding, and have made life long friends. You also get the satisfaction of knowing that you’re making a real difference to the future of our services.
Get in touch
To find out more about the group or get involved please contact James Smith on 0114 2908 356 or email email@example.com