We are embarking on an ambitious plan to transform key elements of our business practices including changing how we use our office space, not just in Wellington Street (our head office) but across our estate (we have small offices in 17 other buildings). Part of our Transform Strategy is to bring our brand to life and communicate SYHA’s purpose and values through our new ways of working and our office space provides a fantastic platform for this.
We have planning permission for changes to our Wellington Street office and have agreed layouts for the interior of the building. But we have yet to develop the detailed design and a look and feel of the interiors and the external works.
The complete refurbishment of our Wellington Street office is planned for 2018/19 but in preparation we intend to introduce new ways of working over the next 12 months. This will include adopting the proposed furniture layout and testing out our storage requirements. We also want to improve our offices outside of Wellington Street so that these can be used more flexibly and help us accommodate some of our Wellington Street based staff whilst the refurbishment takes place.
In parallel we are commissioning architects to advise on the layout of our offices outside Wellington Street. The architects will be expected to work closely with the designer we commission for this piece of work including advising on the robustness and appropriateness of finishes, furniture, fixtures and equipment.
The aims of this commission are therefore to:
- Articulate SYHA’s brand values.
- Develop the design language for our office space interiors to project and give physical expression to our brand.
- Reflect our organisational development offer, supporting spaces for wellbeing, learning, growth and innovation.
- Use the design thinking to inform the specification for our Wellington Street refurbishment project.
- Capture the proposals in a design guide that can be used to inform future changes and maintenance and maintain a strong brand identity over time.
- Engage SYHA employees in the thinking behind the design and brand so that they understand and protect them over time.
Tender for this job
There are two parts to the tender submission:
- Written response to the brief and evidence of your track record in this area
- Presentation to the selection panel
The following minimum information will be required for the written submission:
- Your proposals as to how you would carry out the work requested:
- How you would work with SYHA and its employees to develop design proposals
- An example design guide/indication of how you would approach this
- A critical path timeline with indicative timescales for delivery of key milestones.
- Up to three examples of relevant projects that you have previously undertaken/pitched
- Brief CVs of key personnel to be involved in the project
- Fee quotation outlining the resources you will provide for that fee. NB our maximum budget for this commission is £15,000.
The above shall comprise no more than 10 x A4 sheets in total (or equivalent).
One hard copy of the submission is to be sent to arrive no later than 12pm on 26th April 2017 to:
Office Space Project Coordinator,
South Yorkshire Housing Association,
43-47 Wellington Street,
To help explain what we’re after in more detail we’ve put together a briefing document which also doubles as a quotation form for the job. In the document you’ll find everything you need to know about what we’re looking for, useful background information as well as the timetable for delivering this piece of work. We’ve also put together a document with our initial thoughts on what the job might entail but this is not an exhaustive list.
You might also find copies of our corporate SYHA and LiveWell brand guidance useful when putting together your application.
If you’ve got any queries about this tender please email Helen Garside at email@example.com