Transfers and swaps

If you want to find a new home, you can apply for a transfer or a swap. These can be great options if you’d like a bit of extra space, to move to a different area, or you’re looking for a home better suited to your needs.


If you live in a South Yorkshire Housing Association home, you can apply for a transfer to another one of our properties.

We will carry out some checks and a home visit, and may ask for supporting evidence, before registering you on our transfer list.

Once you’re registered, we’ll get in touch if a suitable home becomes available. If your move is urgent, we may prioritise it so you can move as quickly as possible.

In most cases, you will be able to apply for a transfer after you have lived in your home for a year.

If you already have a transfer registered with us but have had a change in circumstances, want to change the area you’d like to move to, or have any other enquiry, please get in touch.

To make finding a swap as easy as possible, we work with HomeSwapper, the UK’s largest home swap register. HomeSwapper is used by most local housing associations and councils. We pay an annual subscription so that you can use it free of charge.

If you want to move, register with Homeswapper and start searching for properties throughout the UK to find your perfect home. 

Register with Homeswapper