At SYHA, the purpose of our work is for our customers to ‘settle at home, live well and realise their potential’ and this applies equally to our employees.
We’ve developed Leadwell, a bespoke learning and development programme, to enable employees to realise their potential.
The LeadWell Academy is an integrated employee-led programme which offers opportunities to learn new skills and gain qualifications as an Academist.
It’s an exciting development opportunity for our aspiring leaders. Each Academist is matched with a senior management mentor and together they create a personalised learning journey to equip the Academist with the knowledge, skills, qualifications and experiences they need to develop as a professional and as an individual.
We’ve had fantastic results so far with 90% of Academists securing a promotion or moving on to other roles within the organisation.
In 2016 our LeadWell programme was recognised at the Innovative Housing Awards in the Most Innovative Training programme category.
We’ve had the honour of welcoming some truly inspirational guest speakers to work with our LeadWell Academy.
Our guests have included:
- David Blunkett MP – former Sheffield MP
- John Popham – shared his expertise on the power of digital storytelling
- Immy Kaur – a creative activist with a background in social action, interfaith leadership, communications and campaign management.
- Clifton Robinson – Chief Executive of Housing Diversity Network
- John Dabrowski – an ex-professional Basketball Player turned motivational speaker
- Paul Hickman – a professor of Housing and Regeneration at Sheffield Hallam University
Our LifeBite sessions offer staff working at South Yorkshire Housing Association the chance to share their expertise and skills with colleagues. Whether it’s offering insight into customer behaviour, training on new IT systems or even how to use social media, LifeBites has it covered!
Since its inception employees have given nearly 900 hours of LifeBite training.